Employment law changes: are you up-to-date?…
the government has introduced the Employment Standards Legislation Bill to Parliament.
Update on financial markets overhaul…
The Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013 is in the process of completely overhauling New Zealand’s financial markets laws.
Incorporated societies reform ahead…
There are more than 23,500 incorporated societies in New Zealand that are currently governed by the Incorporated Societies Act 1908.
Continue reading “Business Briefs”
The latest EJ update is available here.
In this issue:
- Trust review
- A commercial property opportunity in Te Awamutu
- New debt recovery service
- Update on gift duty changes
- Stay informed with email alerts from the Edmonds Judd website
If you wish to discuss anything in the EJ update please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Edmonds Judd will be closed for the holiday period from 12:00 pm on Thursday, 23rd December 2010. The office will reopen on Monday 10th January 2011 with a skeleton staff between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm. A full complement of staff will be available from 8.30am Wednesday, 19th January 2011.
Have a merry and safe holiday!
The latest EJ newsletter the EJ Update is available here. The latest Fineprint is available here.
This EJ Update includes information about:
- The ‘Legal Warrant of Fitness’ a new and simple survey that ensures that your personal and business affairs are up-to-date
- Changes to witnessing of enduring power of attorney documents
- The Government’s proposal to do away with gift duty
- Changes to the definition of ‘beneficiary income’
Is available here.
In this edition:
- Financial Advisers Act 2008
- The Major Events Management Act
- Subdivision nightmare
- A note about notaries
Please note that for ease of reading when opening up the PDF go to View –> Page Display –> Two up